If you’re like a lot of us, you cast your first vote in elections every couple of years, and wonder if you’re making a difference. Whether you know it or not, you’re casting a vote every day, sometimes in support of causes and issues that you would never support on your own. That’s where 2nd Vote comes in.
A New Resource For Making Informed Decisions
Our goal is to help you make better decisions when you cast your 2ndVote every day by letting you know where your money really goes when you’re buying a product, eating at a restaurant, or supporting an organization.
2ndVote is a group of conservatives who are dedicated to helping you be informed about the everyday choices you make. We believe you can make a difference, and with 2nd Vote you will.
Learn How We Score
Do you want to know what each numerical score really means in our scoring system? Here’s more about what each number indicates.
Organizations and Interest Groups that advocate for various issues, both on the conservative and liberal side, spend tremendous amounts of money each year to advance those causes. This money comes from individual donors, grants, and most importantly, corporate contributions.
2nd Vote is developing the most complete database that makes it easy for conservatives to follow the money and see how the companies you shop with every day are spending the money you spend with them.
We base our scoring system on the following information:
- Direct and indirect corporate donations
- Activities and stated policies from these companies
- Documented sponsorships for various political and advocacy-related events
- Corporate leadership donations, activity and advocacy
- Lobbying spent for or against various issues on the federal and state levels
We use this information to score each company on a scale of 1 to 5 on various issues.
The scale is calculated as follows:
- Liberal – Direct donations to liberal organizations, such as pro-abortion groups or gun control groups. Having liberal values in the company’s main business platform.
- Lean Liberal – Third party donations to groups that support or fund liberal organizations causes, matching gifts to liberal organizations or causes, or any indirect support to liberal organizations or causes.
- Neutral – Absence of any support of liberal organizations or causes. A company can also score neutral if they equally support liberal and conservative causes.
- Lean Conservative – Third party donations to groups that support conservative organizations or causes, matching gifts to conservative causes or groups, or any indirect support for conservative organizations or causes.
- Conservative – Direct funding to conservative groups, such as pro-life groups and pro-2nd Amendment groups. Having conservative values in the company’s main business platform.